In Germany, Christmastime is the time of the year when you bake and eat a lot of cookies. One of my favorite Christmas foods is cinnamon heart cookies. They are very tasty and delicious!
- 150g (~⅔ cup) lukewarm unsalted Butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 20g (~2 tbsp) vanilla sugar
- 40g (~⅓ cup) icing sugar
- 20g marzipan/almond paste
- 165g (~1 cup) flour
- 4 teaspoons cinammon
- 170g (~1 cup) ground almond
1. Mix the butter, egg yolk, icing sugar, vanilla sugar, and marzipan together until you have an even dough.
2. In a seperate bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, and almonds together.
4. Leave your dough in the fridge for 3 hours.
5. Preheat the oven (190 Celsius; 375 Fahrenheit).
6. Roll out the dough by using a rolling pin.
7. Use a cookie cutter to cut your cookies.
8. Bake for 8 minutes.
9. Let them cool down on a grid.
If you want to, you can also decorate them with chocolate.
Don´t forget to have a lot of fun while baking. 😉