Figment.com is an amazing site “where writers write, meet, create, share, and connect,” and each week Figment features one of their members. The “Featured Fig” is interviewed, and five of their creative works are highlighted.
This week’s featured writer is “Lost&Miserable (Writer).”
Below is the interview portion of this week’s feature article:
What do you enjoy most about Figment and its community?
- Um, I don’t think there is a specific thing I enjoy most about Figment and its community. If I had to pick something, I’d pick the idea that you can talk and share with people from all around the world your ideas and your stories. It’s a nice community with mostly nice people. I’m not saying everyone’s nice on Figment, because I’ve come across some pretty mean and rude people, but most of the people I’ve come across seem nice and I’m thankful for that because of my personality. I like that there is so much on Figment that you can do despite the little that you can’t do. I also like to Role play SHH! ;P
What is your favorite story that you have shared on Figment and why?
- Um, right now my favorite story is my most recent story: “Bloodlines”. That’s because to me, the first chapter is written better than any of my other stories. Why’s that? Because this story I’m really looking forward to. I want to continue it and hopefully write a novel/novella depending on how much I can write. I’d also say that I really like my stories “Damaged” and “Remember Me” so out of the three, it’s hard to choose a favorite.
Where do you find inspiration to write and keep writing?
- My inspiration probably comes from three things: Television/movies, books and Role Plays (Mostly Role Plays!). Haha but really, I’m not quite sure how or where I find inspiration to write and keep writing. I just get an idea in my head, and it is a constant thing inside my mind until I finally write it down—then it slowly disappears, maybe a little too soon for my liking
What is the last book that you read?
- The last book I read, I believe, is one of the ‘Dead is’ series books by Marlene Perez. I’ve read those books so many times that I’ve lost count. Marlene Perez is my absolute favorite author, and the ‘Dead is’ series is my absolute favorite series of all time. Marlene Perez is the first and only writer who was able to keep my attention for the whole book, let alone the entire series and left me wanting more. For that, I will always be amazed and astonished by her writing, and I think I’ll continue to read more from her.
Do you have any advice for other Figgies looking to improve their writing?
- Um, honestly, I’m not the best person to be giving advice, seeing as I never read over my writings for improvement and I hate criticism on my writing, haha, but if I were to give any advice, it’d be to do the opposite of me: always listen to advice and criticism from other figment members who are just trying to help your writing be at its best potential, always read over your writings for improvement, and never stop writing. That, I will always follow: never stop writing. Writing is my life, and I don’t think I’d be able to live without it and my imagination would take me over and I’d disappear into my mind and world I’ve created from imagination!
To view the entire article and the five highlighted creative works of Lost&Miserable (Writer), click here.
My favorite of the five: “Forget-Her-Not”