With the decline of autumn, we’re all preparing for wintery nights spent bundled up in front of Netflix with some hot chocolate. It’s time to put aside our pumpkin-flavored everything in favor of peppermint-flavored everything! Kick off the season with this super simple Christmas-y treat.
What You’ll Need:
- Waffle-shaped pretzels
- Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- Candiquick (vanilla)
- Crushed Peppermints (or candy canes if you’re feeling extra festive)
What You’ll Do:
- Line a baking sheet with some wax paper to prevent your bark from getting stuck.
- Line your pretzels neatly on the baking sheet.
- Melt your peppermint crunch baking chips in a microwave safe bowl for 60 seconds on high. Stir well, and put in for another 15 secs at a time if needed.
- Carefully spread your melted baking chips over the pretzels. Be patient with this because the pretzels will pull up when the peppermint is still too wet. But don’t worry; this part doesn’t have to be pretty.
- After giving the peppermint a little time to dry, melt the candiquick according to the packaged directions. (Note: Have your peppermint crushed before you melt the candiquick.)
- Spread the candiquick over the pretzels and melted peppermint.
- Immediately sprinkle the crushed peppermint on top because the candiquick will dry fairly quickly.
- Give the bark some time to completely dry, then cut it up.