You know those mornings when you wake up late for school or work, but you don’t want to look like you just rolled out of bed? I have a quick solution for you! A solution for your hair, at least; the rest is up to you. This style works best for medium to long hair, and it’s referred to as a braided headband. This look takes 5 min or less, and it will turn your bed-head into a style befitting a princess.
All you need is 4 bobby pins, 2 hair elastics, and a hair clip.
I’m going to walk you through this, so those of you who are afraid to try new things or think that this style is too hard, just stick with me, and you’ll come away from this with a new style and your sanity still intact.
- Start with your hair down, and give yourself an exaggerated part to the side of your head. This doesn’t have to be perfect; after all, the whole point of this tutorial is to look good in the least amount of time.
- Separate your hair into two sections, being mindful of your part, and clip your hair away from the side of your head that has the least amount of hair.
- Take a bit of hair from the un-clipped section and braid it straight down and secure it with an elastic. The more hair you grab, the bigger the braid, and the bigger the braid, the thicker the head band. Just be aware of that for the finished product.
- Un-clip your hair, and repeat the process of parting dramatically to the opposite side and clipping it away from the part.
- Same as step 3: take some hair, braid it, secure it!
- When the two braids are finished, un-clip the rest of your hair, smooth it straight back, and clip the top layer up on the back of your head.
- Take one of the braids and bring it across the top of your head. With it laying flat, secure it on both sides of your head with bobby pins.
- Take the other braid, lay it parallel to the first braid, and secure it the same way
- With your braids in their place, un-clip the rest of your hair and spread it around, hiding the bobby pins if they show.
- You’re done ! I hope you like your new look ! Now, hurry; don’t be late!